- http://www.net-square.com/httprint/ - web server fingherprint tool
- logwatch - log file analysis daily
- swatch - simple logfile watcher
- http://osiris.shmoo.com/ - host intergrity tool
- Penguin Sleuth Kit(www.linux-forensics.com)
- F.I.R.E (Forensic and Incident Response Environment) http://fire.dmzs.com
- BSD fans, use Snarl Bootal Forensics CD http://snarl.eecue.com/
- shred -n 3 -vz filename (-u)
if you don't specify -n 3, it will overwrite 25 times by default.
In most cases, when you shredding a file, you would also use -u option to tell shred to truncate the delete the file after overwriting it.
- shred -n 3 -vz /dev/hda
- Darik's Boot and Nuke http://dban.sf.net